Rams roll to 3-0-1

Eagles and ‘Boys. Yanks and Sox. Rams and Penguins. We’re talking rivalries here. And the Rams put it to the Penguins in the first, second, third, and fourth – although i think the Berkery bros won the fourth late.
The Rams had control through the first, going up 1-0 early on a goal by Carter, then 2-0 midway through when MVP shoveled one in from in front. Note: MVP also posted a gold medal performance in his beer duty with 2 cases, ice, and garbage bags.
In a race for the PIM title, Amos took a well-timed penalty in the early part of the second, and the Pens took advantage. Jenks won the faceoff back to a Berk and that was that. He sent a slapper through more traffic than you’ll see on the AC Expressway Memorial Day weekend.
Another Note: The Penguins were somewhere around 99.9% on faceoffs.
The Rams took control back in the third with a timely goal by Colin and one late by the Turkey.
Next up: Bandits, Sunday at 9:00.

This entry was posted in Game Recaps. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Rams roll to 3-0-1

Is the .1% for that face off that was almost won? Try to remember that with a sample size of 50, the margin of error with a confidence level 95%, would be 14%. Since there were roughly 50 face-offs, the best the Penguins could do is 86% +/- 14%, or as I recall; 100%.
    Student loan validation

I know it sometimes looks like I’m blind back there but from what I saw, I think the Pens took the 2nd Period and half of the 3rd.

3. Ai says:

Youz talking faceoffs, Y’s we talking about faceoffs, Come on man, faceoffs. DANG

Not even talkin ’bout the game, but faceoffs; faceoffs!

So are you saying the game was even then Kevin? Minus the faceoffs? I think it just seemed that was because of the faceoffs.

6. Kierstan says:

… Cha Cha Cha.
    When you’re shooting at the net and you feel something wet … …

7. Anonymous says:

Don’t worry Carter, I still think you and the rest of the defense did a fine job out in front.
    To answer your question, I thought we took the 1st period pretty easily and only Wanger kept it close. After that, I thought that the play was slightly in their favor for the next period and a half until we scored that third goal. The second period was definately them and they had a couple of good chances in the 3rd to tie it up. I could be off though since I pay more attention to the time when the puck is in our zone.
    Despite, any late rally that the Pens might claim in the 4th, we definately took that. MVP brought a medley of fine Canadian beer while they had nothing.

The previous message was obviously me.

9. judge smails says:

Spalding, you will get nothing and like it!

Anyone get a final score on the Continental/Zebras game?

11. golin says:

i kept us goin in the 4th with the berks…..and man you should see the lovely colors forming on my leg today from blocking berks 2nd period slapshot……..

12. Anonymous says:

zebras 7 continentals 7………

golin’s poon poon redah.
    more fiyah. more face offs.