2006-07 New Standard of Play and Rules Emphasis
The principles of this new enforcement standard include the following:
- The use of the stick will be limited to only playing the puck.
- The stick will not be allowed to in any way impede a playerâ€™s progress.
- The use of a free hand/arm will not be allowed to grab or impede a playerâ€™s progress.
- Players who use their physical skills and/or anticipation and have a positional advantage shall not lose that advantage as a result of illegal acts by the opponent.
- Players will be held accountable for acts of an intimidating or dangerous nature.